Traumatic events are often frightening and upsetting, causing a range of intense physical, emotional and psychological symptoms. People commonly feel shock and disbelief right after the traumatic event, and may have a hard time accepting the reality of what happened.
The following tip sheets can be used to help relieve traumatic stress reactions and begin healing.
- Helping children cope after a traumatic event English | Spanish
- How to cope after a traumatic event English | Spanish
- Living with threats of violence English | Spanish
- Supporting employees during traumatic events English | Spanish
As a Magellan client or member, here’s how to use these resources:
- Employers – Contact your Magellan Account Representative to have the tip sheets imprinted with your Employee Assistance Program information and phone number.
- Federal, State and County Agencies – Share the link to this website or its resources with your employees and program participants.
- Commercial Health Plans – Share the link to this website or its resources with your clients and members.
- Members – Read the tip sheets and visit the links to learn what to do before, during and after traumatic events, natural disasters and other emergencies.